We engage communities in conserving, caring for, and accessing the natural lands and waters that sustain North Central Washington.
We envision thriving natural systems sustaining the diversity of human communities in North Central Washington.
- We are committed to principles of integrity, equity, and inclusion in our business and our work—with landowners, community partners, staff, donors, funders, and volunteers.
- We cherish the history of the land and our connection to our region’s land and water by protecting natural areas and enhancing public access close to where we live.
- We acknowledge that our region is within the traditional territories of the Wenatchi, Chelan, Entiat, Yakama, Methow, Okanogan and Moses-Columbia people and that their people, culture, and traditions live on today.
- We have a responsibility to future generations to protect those natural areas that contribute to the quality of life for all.
- We believe that a healthy environment and a healthy economy are inextricably linked.
- We value the agricultural heritage of our region and the way that working lands complement our natural landscape.
- We partner with trusted and effective organizations to leverage our capacity and increase our impact.
- We are dedicated to working with our diverse range of neighbors to help preserve the natural character of the region.
- We value our relationship with landowners who have voluntarily entrusted to us the stewardship of their land for the benefit of future generations.
- As stewards in perpetuity of the lands entrusted to us, we are committed to managing our resources carefully and planning for organizational sustainability.
- We conduct our work in ways that support climate change mitigation and resiliency.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Read more here