A charitable bequest under your will or trust is a simple way to help ensure that the Land Trust will continue to take care of the lands and waters you love far into the future. Anyone can make a bequest and no amount is too small.
Donors choose a bequest because:
- It is not payable until death, so it complements your current lifestyle and commitments
- You can modify your bequest at any time if your circumstances change
- You can easily amend an existing will without rewriting it. An attorney can prepare a simple document called a codicil that adds a bequest to us.
- A bequest is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the deduction your estate can claim.
- Gift of a specific dollar amount or asset, or
- Gift of a percentage of the “residual” or balance remaining in your estate after taxes and other bequests have been paid
- You have the option to direct your bequest to a particular program or activity. Please check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended. Or you can make your bequest unrestricted and allow the Board of Directors to determine the top priority at the time we receive your gift.
Please let us know if you have chosen to leave a bequest to the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust. We would like to thank you and welcome you to the Legacy Club. We will honor all requests for anonymity.
Bequest legal language and tax ID:
To include the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust as a beneficiary of your will or trust, we should be named as:
CHELAN-DOUGLAS LAND TRUST, a Washington nonprofit corporation, with its office presently located at 18 North Wenatchee Avenue, P. O. Box 4461, Wenatchee, Washington
Our Federal Tax ID number is: 91-1331348
- To ensure your objectives are met, please talk with us if you want to restrict the use of your bequest.
- Please let us know if you intend to donate real estate or other specialized property.
- The balance of a retirement account makes a tax-wise gift to the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust but be sure to direct it to us using the plan’s beneficiary form rather than through your will to avoid having it included in your taxable estate.
When considering a Planned Gift to the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust, we encourage you to consult with your legal or financial advisors, as the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust cannot render legal or tax advice.
Contact Eunice Youmans, Executive Director, [email protected], (509) 667-9708 to learn how you can make a special gift with lasting impact or fill out the form below to request specific information. Your inquiry is always confidential.