UPDATED March 17, 2020:
Because of the current need for social distancing during the spread of coronavirus, we will not be holding a guided Hike for Health event on April 11. However, we can all find a little solace in nature during these challenging times.
If you would like to do the hike on your own and tag CDLT (Instagram: @cdlandtrust; Facebook: @2020hikeforhealth or @cdlandtrust; or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org), we will make sure you have your raffle ticket! PLEASE NOTE: We are not offering a second raffle ticket for team groups hiking together for this hike.
Just remember: try to go when there are fewer people on the trail (mid-week is great!), wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol before and after touching shared surfaces, avoid touching your face, stay six feet away from those who aren't in your own household, and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
Original information below:
The Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and Columbia Valley Community Health invite you to hike for your health!
Join us for the 2020 Hike for Health Series. Improve your health, explore new places, be part of a team, take home prizes and be entered to win one of many grand prizes at the end of the hiking season.
This month's hike: Reach 1 Trail near Chelan
Description: This easy, wide gravel trail takes you gently down the canyon next to the beautiful Chelan River on Chelan PUD property. Wind your way along the river as it cuts through the canyon. Interpretive signs along the way give information on geology, wildlife, and Native Americans who call this place home. Turn around at the last interpretive sign (the trail ends here) and walk back to your vehicle.
Distance & Elevation: 2.2 miles out and back. Elevation gain: ~200 ft. This hike takes about 45 minutes-1.5 hours.
How to get there: Here’s a map to the parking area. Park at the Chelan Butte Trailhead & Parking.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed on leash. Please pick up after your pet.
Strollers: Most of the route is on a gravel trail and is appropriate for strollers.
How to participate in the Hike for Health Series:
- Register here or at the link above.
- Participate as an individual
or as part of a team (5-10 people).
- Complete as many hikes as you can between March and October 2020 by doing one of the following:
Join the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and CVCH on our monthly hike at a designated trailhead (schedule and more information will be emailed to you once you sign up),
- Do the hike on your own and post a picture of yourself on the trail on social media with the hashtag #2020hikeforhealth
At the guided hikes, you will receive a small prize as well as a raffle ticket when you check-in. Use the raffle ticket to enter to win grand prizes in October. After you check-in, join us for a guided hike at the beginning of the check-in time OR enjoy the hike on your own.
Win more raffle tickets by forming a team:
- Join with your team on the registration page.
If at least five members of your time complete the hike, each team member gets an EXTRA raffle ticket. Encourage your teammates to participate to have a better chance to win one of the grand prizes.
- If you did your hike on your own that week, just tag us raffle ticket at the next monthly group hike.
If you have questions or for more information, contact the CVCH Outreach Department at (509) 662-6000 ex. 1090.
- May 9 from 9-11 AM: Saddle Rock (2 miles)
- June 13 from 9-11 AM: Ski Hill (4 miles)
- July 11 from 9-11 AM: Echo Ridge Outback Loop above Lake Chelan (3.7 miles)
- August 7 from 6-8 PM: Castle Rock (2.5 miles)
- September 12 from 9-11 AM: Lake Clara (3 miles)
- October 3 from 9-11 AM: Dry Gulch (2.4 miles) and end of year celebration