The Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and Columbia Valley Community Health invite you to hike for your health!
Join us for the 2019 Hike for Health Series. Improve your health, be part of a team, take home prizes and be entered to win one of many grand prizes at the end of the hiking season.
How to participate in the Hike for Health Series:
- Participate as an individual or as part of a team (5-10 people).
- Complete as many hikes as you can between March and October 2019 by doing one of the following.
- Join the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and CVCH on the third Saturday of the month at a designated trailhead (schedule and more information will be emailed to you once you sign up),
- Do the hike on your own and post a picture of yourself on the trail on social media with the hashtag #2019hikeforhealth
At the Third Saturday hikes, you will receive a small prize as well as a raffle ticket when you check in. Use the raffle ticket to enter to win grand prizes in October. After you check in, join us for a guided hike at the beginning of the check-in time (9:15 AM most months; 7:15 AM in July) OR enjoy the hike on your own.
- If part of a team, each team member present gets an EXTRA raffle ticket if at least five team members show up to a Third Saturday hike. Encourage your team mates to participate to have a better chance to win one of the grand prizes.
- If you did your hike on your own that week, we will complete a pick up your raffle ticket at the next Third Saturday Hike.
If you have questions or for more information, contact the CVCH Outreach Department at (509) 662-6000 ex. 1090.
Future Hike Schedule:
- March 16: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Dry Gulch Road (2.4 miles, 1.5 hours)
- April 20: Check in from 9-11, Chelan River Trail (3.4 miles, 2 hours)
- May 18: (Co-event with Girls on the Run) Check-in from 9-11 AM, Apple Capitol Loop Trail (3.2 miles, 1 – 1.5 hours)
- June 15: Check in 9-11, Lake Clara (3 miles, 2.5 hours)
- July 20: Check-in from 7-9 AM, Jacobson Preserve (1.3 miles, 1 – 1.5 hour)
- August 17: Check-in from 9-11, Stormy Creek (Entiat River Valley) (1 mile, 1-1.5 hours)
- September 21: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Odabashian to Coyote Dunes (2.6 miles, 1.5 hours)
- October 19: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Saddle Rock to summit (2 miles, 2.5 hours)