Each month, Hillary Schwirtlich, our Membership & Education Coordinator, writes a column in the Wenatchee World about fun, cheap and easy ways to explore nature with your kids. The column usually include a little bit of background information about that month's theme, followed by two-three hands on activities about that theme. Check back monthly for more ideas!
You will need a Wenatchee World subscription to view these articles, but many are available on the Wenatchee Moms Blog at no cost.
- January 2017: Ice can be a nice learning experience for kids
- December 2016: Gather the kids for some twiggy fun
- November 2016: Fun with fungi
- October 2016: Spooky October fun with spiders
- July 2016: Trees, please! Summer projects for kids
- June 2016: Go with the flow (rivers)
- May 2016: Let it grow (growing vegetables with kids)
- April 2016: Celebrating springtime
- March 2016: Using all the senses
- February 2016: For the birds - and the kids!
- January 2016: Guided winter activities for families
- December 2015: Winter activites with snow or without
- November 2015: Nighttime activities
- September 2015: Introduction and Bugs!